2010-2012 New Emerging Leaders Council Members
Americans for the Arts is pleased to announce the election of seven new members to the Emerging Leaders Council. The Emerging Leaders Council represents the Emerging Leaders Network, a group of 29 local networks across the U.S. that provide professional development and networking opportunities to young arts professionals in their area.
New Members are:
- Michelle Grove, Arts and Humanities Council of Montgomery County, Silver Spring, MD
- Letitia Ivins, Los Angeles County Arts Commission, Los Angeles, CA
- Charles Jensen, The Writer's Center, Bethesda, MD
- Gabriela Jirasek, Chicago Humanities Festival, Chicago, IL
- Ian David Moss, Createquity.com, Providence, RI
- Scarlett Swerdlow, Arts Alliance Illinois, Chicago, IL
- Bettina Swigger, Cultural Office of the Pikes Peak Region, Colorado Springs, CO
Each of these new members will begin their term on January 1, 2010 and serve through December 31, 2012. Click here to review the names and bios of current council members.
“The Emerging Leader Council serves an important role in helping Americans for the Arts carry out one of its primary goals of strengthening an informed leadership. These seven new council members have each excelled at leadership within their own communities, and we are thrilled to welcome these bright and accomplished individuals to the national council,” said Robert L. Lynch, president and CEO of Americans for the Arts.